Beer is very popular among the strong half of humanity. Beer is also loved by some athletes, although practically everyone knows that alcohol is not harmless to health and for athletes even more so. And yet most bodybuilders practice drinking a glass of beer, especially on Sundays. How bad it is, or maybe it’s good – it is necessary to understand this issue.
Beer and sports
Since beer refers to an alcoholic beverage, its use adversely affects the results of sports training. For bodybuilders, it is dangerous to reduce the speed of muscle mass gain beer and bodybuilding, decrease in strength characteristics, and slow the recovery process. Based on research conducted by scientists, we can safely say that:
- drinking beer, when you feel a slight alcoholic intoxication, is equivalent to skipping one workout;
- in the case of apparent intoxication, the reduction of force data should be expected, and the recovery process may last a couple of weeks;
- if the beer is consumed on a regular basis, even after a day, it leads to stagnation and a decrease in the growth of muscle tissue by 100%.
Effects of beer intake in bodybuilding
In bodybuilding, as in any other sport, the use of beer leads to the manifestation of negative effects, for example:
- the level of testosterone decreases and this leads to a slowdown in muscle growth, since any alcohol and beer, including, stimulates the secretion of catabolic hormones;
- the level of potency decreases, as the level of testosterone decreases and the level of ceresol increases;
- the level of estrogen increases, as the female sex hormones are contained in the beer, and this leads to the deposition of excess fat, reduced potency, fatigue, slower muscle growth, reduced strength data, the appearance of gynecomastia and other problems;
- the superfluous fat is postponed also thanks to high caloric content of beer;
- normal sleep patterns and recovery process are disrupted;
- deteriorates the quality of sperm.
From the foregoing, it should be concluded that beer in bodybuilding has a negative effect on the training process. As for the positive qualities, they simply do not exist.
Nonalcoholic beer in bodybuilding
Naturally, the use of beer, especially alcohol-free, reduces the harmful effect on the body of athletes, but not completely, because high caloric content and high estrogen content remains bodybuilder.
In this regard, it can be argued that non-alcoholic beer negatively affects the body bodybuilding cutting diet, by depositing fatty tissues.
There is another factor that has a significant impact – this is the quality of both non-alcoholic and alcoholic beers. Especially it concerns the domestic manufacturer, because sometimes the prices for beer are rather doubtful, which indicates their low quality. As for European countries, the situation here is somewhat better and the quality of food products is controlled accordingly. Despite this, even high-quality beer is not recommended for athletes, if they want to achieve high results in sports.
Dependence on beer
Do not discount the fact that alcohol has a narcotic effect on the human body. Dependence on beer is not a fictitious myth of fighters for a healthy lifestyle, but a scientifically proven phenomenon. Therefore, do not forget not only the negative effect, but also that excessive beer craze leads to dependence on this drink bodybuilding cutting diet. This dependence is difficult to track, since retraction is carried out gradually and is practically not noticeable for the athlete. First he drinks a cup a month, then a cup a week and, finally, the athlete starts practicing almost daily beer.
Knowing the results, we can safely say that the use of beer, including non-alcoholic beer, deprives the athlete of any chance of high sports results. Unfortunately beer after workout, this problem has a broader concept, since alcohol affects not only sports performance, but also normal family life, has a negative impact on the financial situation. Therefore, not only on weekends, but also on holidays it is better to give preference to juices or compotes.
To explain that an alcoholic and an athlete are incompatible concepts no one needs. All this is complicated by the fact that beer is used together with products such as chips, crackers, with a high fat content. Also abundant consumption of beer creates a burden on the kidneys and urinary system, leading to their irritation. And the elimination of harmful decay products falls on the liver, which is already loaded with abundant protein intake and nutritional supplements.