Indications for use Doxee
– infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by susceptible microorganisms: respiratory tract infections (pharyngitis, acute and chronic bronchitis, tracheitis, bronchopneumonia, lobar pneumonia, lung abscess, pleural empyema);
– infections of upper respiratory tract (otitis, tonsillitis, sinusitis, etc.);
– infections of the genitourinary system (cystitis, pyelonephritis, prostatitis, urethritis, urethrocystitis, urogenital mycoplasmosis, endometritis, endocervicitis, acute orchiepididymitis; gonorrhea);
– infections of biliary tract and gastrointestinal tract (cholecystitis, cholangitis, gastroenterocolitis, bacterial dysentery, “travelers” diarrhea); infections of the skin and soft tissues (cellulitis, abscesses, furunculosis, panaritiums, infected burns, wounds, etc.);
– infectious diseases of the eye, syphilis, frambesia, yersiniosis, legionellosis, rickettsiosis, chlamydia of various localization (including prostatitis and proctitis), Q fever, spotty fever of the Rocky Mountains, typhoid fever (including sypha, tick-borne, recurrent) , Lyme disease (I st. – erythema migrans), bacillary and amebic dysentery, tularemia, cholera, actinomycosis, malaria; as part of combination therapy – leptospirosis, trachoma, psittacosis, ornithosis, granulocytic ehrlichiosis; whooping cough, brucellosis, osteomyelitis; sepsis, subacute septic endocarditis, peritonitis;
– prevention of postoperative purulent complications; malaria caused by Plasmodium falciparum during short-term travels (less than 4 months) in an area where chloroquine and / or pyrimethamine-sulfadoxine resistant strains are common;
– as a drug of the “first” series, it is prescribed to patients under 65 years of age with exacerbation of chronic bronchitis (including against the background of bronchial asthma) without comorbidities (these exacerbations are often caused by Haemophilus influenzae). It is effective in exacerbation of bronchopulmonary infection (usually staphylococcal etiology) in patients with cystic fibrosis, chlamydial arthritis, granulocytic ehrlichiosis. In elderly patients, it is used to treat acute prostatitis and urinary infection caused by Escherichia coli.